Every week our archive team pick a selection of their favourite images taken by our photographers over the past few decades – today we feature a selection of images of the north-east’s netball teams and events.
GRAHAM POTTER is Brighton’s new boss. The Seagulls have rubber-stamped a deal after the 43-year-old told Swansea he wanted the move. Swansea offered Potter a new contract which would have made him one of the best-paid managers in the Championship.
The Premier League is the top level of the English football league system. It is the most-watched sports league in the world, broadcasted in 212 territories to a potential audience of 4.7 billion people. Forty-nine clubs have competed since the inception of the Premier League in 1992. Six of them have won the title: Manchester United (13), Chelsea (5), Arsenal (3), Manchester City (3), Blackburn Rovers (1), and Leicester City (1).
- 7.30pm transfer news LIVE: Meunier to Everton, Bale blasted by Zidane, Kompany leaves Man City
- Fastest Premier League players revealed: Man Utd player top, Leroy Sane beaten by Man City teammate
- Ally McCoist says he would be keen to replace Steve Clarke as Kilmarnock boss
- Graham Potter to leave Swansea and become new Brighton manager – reports
- This is how much Manchester United will have to pay for Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Premier League rule changes set to affect Manchester United and Man City next season
- Chelsea face battle to keep hold of midfielder as PSG prepare bid
- Rangers among clubs ‘interested in Bolton’ starlet Luca Connell with Norwich and Southampton also keen
Eddie Hearn insists Anthony Joshua’s undisputed title fight with Deontay Wilder must happen next with ‘no excuses’ should the Brit overcome Andy Ruiz Jr on his US debut. Wilder retained his WBC heavyweight title with a vicious first-round knockout
SUNDERLAND take on Charlton Athletic in the League One play-off final on Sunday – with the game evoking memories of the two sides’ meeting in one of the most remarkable play-off encounters of all time in 1998.
Chelsea are set to offer Callum Hudson-Odoi the No.10 shirt which could be left vacant by Eden Hazard this summer. According to the Daily Mail, Hazard has reportedly agreed terms with Real Madrid, but a fee is yet to be resolved, with the La Liga
Deontay Wilder showed a classier side to his personality following his win over Dominic Breazeale by embracing his beaten opponent and telling him he ‘loved him.’ A devastating right hand from Wilder ended proceedings with 53 seconds remaining in
To the surprise of virtually no one, Deontay Wilder breezed past Dominic Breazeale in New York last night. Still, to win in the first round with such a brutal KO against a mandatory challenger is very impressive and unexpected. Wilder is now